Responsible for preventive maintenance, diagnostics, repair, & service of agriculture equipment. This is a skilled service technician positiion working largely independently and out of a company-provided field service truck. Work is performed at a variety of customer locations, including individual and commercial farming operations and farm service shops. May be dispatched from home or company locations, and will serve customers througout West Tennessee and the Mississippi Delta. Completes service reports & data entry. Uses various diagnostic tools.
- Document Services Performed (i.e Service Reports, Photos, etc.).
- Evaluate & Maintain Inventory for Field Service Vehicle.
- Maintain Fleet Vehicle and DOT Log Book(s).
- Notify Customer of Status, Availability or Urgent Concerns Promptly (Personally or by Supervisor).
- Perform Repairs or Maintenance to Customer or Company Equipment in a timely manner.
- Process Failed Components According to Vendor and/or Governmental Policies.
- Research & Order Parts for Customer or Company Equipment.
- Test After Repairs to Determine that the Problem has been Corrected.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Technical School Graduate Preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains "ownership" of assigned tasks. Respects company assets.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Works independent of supervision on assigned tasks. Moves between projects as scheduling requires.
- Uses personal and company tools/resources effectively. Demonstrates troubleshooting aptitude by thinking through problems.
- Must be available to work at any assigned location, including overtime, evenings or weekends (including overnight travel) if needed. Displays flexibility, handles changes to assigned tasks with ease.
- Completes reports, documentation, and other paperwork accurately and on time. Performs tasks with highest level of quality.
- Constantly maintains an awareness of hazards inherent to work.