Uses Failure Analysis &Troubleshooting to repair & make critical system adjustments to electrical power generation equipment. Uses blueprints, manufacturer specifications, hand tools & test instruments and works with limited supervision.
- Provide Task Coverage During Co-worker’s Vacation, Training or Sick Leave, as Requested.
- Submit Accurate Time Records related to Work Performed and/or Hours Worked.
- Document Services Performed (i.e Service Reports, Photos, etc.).
- Evaluate & Maintain Inventory for Field Service Vehicle.
- Evaluate & Troubleshoot Customer and Company Equipment for Repairs.
- Maintain Fleet Vehicle and DOT Log Book(s).
- Notify Customer of Status, Availability or Urgent Concerns Promptly (Personally or by Supervisor).
- Perform Repairs or Maintenance to Customer or Company Equipment in a timely manner.
- Research & Order Parts for Customer or Company Equipment.
- Test After Repairs to Determine that the Problem has been Corrected.
- 1-2 Years Prior Experience Preferred
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks. Respects company assets.
- Arrives on time, fully ready to work.
- Works independent of supervision on assigned tasks. Moves between projects as scheduling requires.
- Must be available to work at any assigned location, including overtime, evenings or weekends (including overnight travel) if needed. Displays flexibility, handles changes to assigned tasks with ease.
- Completes reports, documentation, and other paperwork accurately and on time. Performs tasks with highest level of quality.
- Constantly maintains an awareness of hazards inherent to work.