The Application Developer is responsible for developing, migrating, and supporting new custom applications that facilitate and complement core organizational functions. This role requires a “full-stack” mindset – from requirements-gathering to database design to presentation. The ideal candidate will have the ability to quickly learn new technologies and see how they can be applied to improve business processes. Strong communication, analytical and listening skills are a must to be successful.
- An Associate Degree with two or more years of experience developing in Microsoft Dynamics CRM or a High School diploma with four years of experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM / Dynamics 365.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Databases.
- Prefer experience with Angular and AngularJS.
- ExperLogix CPQ experience a plus.
- Sharepoint experience a plus.
- Meet with employee to understand their processes and translate business requirements to a software solution.
- Participate in requirement analysis and detail design of new and existing software.
- Develop and test software to Thompson standards.
- Troubleshoot and debug software defects.
- Create written documentation as necessary for other IT employees.
- Infrequent travel may be necessary.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior services, innovative solutions, and lasting relationships. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now