The Area Sales Manager will direct the activities of the company’s construction equipment Sales team. The position will be responsible for developing and implementing an aggressive sales growth strategy for the territory, including developing the sales team as the division expands. Reporting to the General Sales Manager, the Area Sales Manager will align and deliver company sales goals for profitability, market share and customer satisfaction.
The Area Sales Manager will leverage dealership personnel and resources to meet or exceed customer expectations throughout the sales, delivery, follow-up and documentation processes. Managers delviery of construction and allied equipment, and will work closely with the company’s product support resources to provide parts and services, including field technician services to the customer.
- Conduct Annual Performance Reviews for Assigned Operational Unit(s).
- Coordinate Internal Documentation with Various Departments.
- Develop & Adhere to Quarterly & Annual Budget(s).
- Evaluate and Revise Sales Territories as Needed.
- Maintain Communication with Regional & National Offices on Matters Concerning Assigned Operational Unit(s).
- Manage Staff and Policy to Promote Positive Strategic Plan Outcomes.
- Prepare and Distribute Sales Reports (Internally & Externally).
- Promote and Coordinate Achievement of Sales and Profit Objective for Assigned Operational Unit(s).
- Review & Approve all Customer Sales, Lease and/or Rental Proposals.
- Review & Approve Expense Reports for Assigned Operational Unit(s).
- Provide prompt, courteous contact with customers and/or guests (walk-in, phone, email, etc.) and direct as appropriate.
- Assist in the Development of Corporate and/or Sales Presentations.
- Calculate and Process Commissions Due for Assigned Organizational Unit(s).
- Compile and Distribute Reports for Rentals, Sales and/or Returned Checks as Assigned.
- Initiate Credit Inquiries (i.e. D&B Reports, Direct Investigations, CBR Reports, etc.)
- Promote Thompson Machinery, CAT and Allied Product Lines to Customers and Community.
- Research and Coordinate Resolution of Descrepancies within Assigned Operational Unit(s).
- Respond to Requests for Account Status, Invoices, Credit Inquiries, Payoff Inquiries, etc.
- Support Collections Efforts.
- Maintain Adequate Product Knowledge of Equipment & Allied Products.
- Research Equipment, Parts or Allied Products to Meet Specialized Customer Requirements.
- Respond to Customer Inquiries Regarding Equipment & Allied Products.
- College Graduate Preferred (business, sales, construction or ag related fields)
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains "ownership" of assigned tasks. Respects company assets.
- Deals with adversity in a professional manner. Works effectively with co-workers, sharing credit when appropriate.
- Works independent of supervision on assigned tasks. Moves between projects as scheduling requires.
- Uses personal and company tools/resources effectively. Demonstrates troubleshooting aptitude by thinking through problems.
- Must be available to work at any assigned location, including overtime, evenings or weekends (including overnight travel) if needed. Displays flexibility, handles changes to assigned tasks with ease.
- Completes reports, documentation, and other paperwork accurately and on time. Performs tasks with highest level of quality.
- Constantly maintains an awareness of hazards inherent to work.