The Truck Core Purchasing Manager will be responsible for locating and purchasing engines, transmissions and used truck cores. Reporting to the General Manager of On-Highway Truck Sales, the position will be based in LaVergne (Nashville) Tennessee and will contribute to company’s goals for profitability, market share and customer satisfaction through ensuring a steady flow of core products used in the delivery of trucks and related parts and components.
• Develop strong relationships with supply resources for trucks, engines, transmissions and truck components
• Work with company support resources to coordinate receipt of trucks, engines, transmissions and related parts
• Maintain engine and transmission inventory to match sales requirements and coordinate core returns (Caterpillar and Eaton)
• Develop engine and component rebuild and delivery schedules for truck build production, maintain reports on availability and status for engines and build locations
• Open, review and close work orders related to the disassembly, rebuild and reassembly of truck components
• Process purchase orders, coordinate with shop personnel the ordering of parts and rebuild kits and accessories, set payments for all vendors
• Purchase new parts using Caterpillar WEB SIS system, along with used parts for engine overhauls, maintain adequate parts inventory for rebuilds
• Verify titles on used core trucks and selling chassis
• Travel to auctions and scrap yards to purchase used parts and trucks
- Promote Thompson Machinery, CAT and Allied Product Lines to Customers and Community.
- Demonstrate strict adherance to all applicable corporate safety standards
- Coordinate Financing Documentation with Credit Department(s).
- Document Customer Contacts & Territory Management Strategy.
- Maintain Adequate Product Knowledge of Equipment & Allied Products.
- Research Equipment, Parts or Allied Products to Meet Specialized Customer Requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, sales, or related field preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains "ownership" of assigned tasks. Respects company assets.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Deals with adversity in a professional manner. Works effectively with co-workers, sharing credit when appropriate.
- Works independent of supervision on assigned tasks. Moves between projects as scheduling requires.
- Must be available to work at any assigned location, including overtime, evenings or weekends (including overnight travel) if needed. Displays flexibility, handles changes to assigned tasks with ease.
- Completes reports, documentation, and other paperwork accurately and on time. Performs tasks with highest level of quality.