Entry Level Mechanic – Part-Time
Performs unskilled & semi-skilled duties in assigned areas with assistance. Performs maintenance, repair and/or rebuilds on equipment with supervision from an experienced service technician/mentor.
- Diesel engine, construction equipment and/or truck engine training through accredited technical schools or relevant military experience preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, or managers related to job functions.
- Must develop the functional ability to the use of proprietary (i.e. Caterpillar, etc.) software.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of basic Microsoft windows-based applications.
The Entry Level Mechanic should be able to read and interpret technical instruction, service and safety manuals, company policies and procedures.
- Provide task coverage during co-worker’s vacation, training or as requested.
- Submit accurate time records related to work performed and/or hours worked.
- Document services performed (i.e. service reports, photos, etc.).
- Perform repairs or maintenance to customer or company equipment in a timely manner.
- Research & order parts for customer or company equipment.
- Test after repairs to determine that the problem has been corrected.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work any day of the week, including daily overtime.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior services, innovative solutions, and lasting relationships. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now