Responsible for preventive maintenance, diagnosis, repair, and service of heavy construction equipment. This is a skilled service technician position that works largely independently and out of a company-provided field service truck. Work will be performed at a variety of customer locations and at remote service shops, dispatched from company shop or home location. Will work with various dignostic tools and equipment, and will be responsible for completion of service reports and data entry.
- Document Services Performed (i.e Service Reports, Photos, etc.).
- Evaluate & Maintain Inventory for Field Service Vehicle.
- Interpret, diagnose and troubleshoot engine and transmission fault codes.
- Maintain Fleet Vehicle and DOT Log Book(s).
- Must have air conditioning license to service and maintain A/C systems.
- Must have knowledge of hydraulic systems, DC electrical systems, drive train, and electronic-over-hydraulic systems, including fault identification and troubleshooting.
- Notify Customer of Status, Availability or Urgent Concerns Promptly (Personally or by Supervisor).
- Perform Repairs or Maintenance to Customer or Company Equipment in a timely manner.
- Process Failed Components According to Vendor and/or Governmental Policies.
- Research & Order Parts for Customer or Company Equipment.
- Test After Repairs to Determine that the Problem has been Corrected.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Five (5) or more years of relevant experience in a Caterpillar dealership.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks. Respects company assets.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Works independent of supervision on assigned tasks. Moves between projects as scheduling requires.
- Uses personal and company tools/resources effectively. Demonstrates troubleshooting aptitude by thinking through problems.
- Must be available to work at any assigned location, including overtime, evenings or weekends (including overnight travel) if needed. Displays flexibility, handles changes to assigned tasks with ease.
- Completes reports, documentation, and other paperwork accurately and on time. Performs tasks with highest level of quality.
- Constantly maintains an awareness of hazards inherent to work.