Conducts diagnostics, service, repair, and preparation of equipment for Cat Rental Store rental equipment, including Caterpillar, JLG and Genie scissor and boom lifts, as well as other allied equipment. Work is performed primarily at company rental store locations. This is a skilled technician position working largely independently, but under the supervision of the Rental Store Manager. Completes service reports and service related data entry. Uses various mechanic and diagnostic tools.
- Demonstrate Proficiency in Machine Troubleshooting.
- Document Services Performed (i.e Service Reports, Photos, etc.).
- Evaluate & Maintain Inventory for Field Service Vehicle.
- Maintain Fleet Vehicle and DOT Log Book(s).
- Monitor & Maintain Proper Fluid Levels in Equipment (Advising Sales Department of Leaks).
- Notify Customer of Status, Availability or Urgent Concerns Promptly (Personally or by Supervisor).
- Operate equipment after service to determine there are no leaks or need for additional service repairs.
- Perform Repairs or Maintenance to Customer or Company Equipment in a timely manner.
- Process Failed Components According to Vendor and/or Governmental Policies.
- Research & Order Parts for Customer or Company Equipment.
- Test After Repairs to Determine that the Problem has been Corrected.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Technical School Graduate Preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks. Respects company assets.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Deals with adversity in a professional manner. Works effectively with co-workers, sharing credit when appropriate.
- Works independent of supervision on assigned tasks. Moves between projects as scheduling requires.
- Uses personal and company tools/resources effectively. Demonstrates troubleshooting aptitude by thinking through problems.
- Must be available to work at any assigned location, including overtime, evenings or weekends (including overnight travel) if needed. Displays flexibility, handles changes to assigned tasks with ease.
- Completes reports, documentation, and other paperwork accurately and on time. Performs tasks with highest level of quality.
- Constantly maintains an awareness of hazards inherent to work.