Performs machine inspections and obtain SOS oil samples to Caterpillar’s specifications. Evaluate and note all safety and operational issues with the machines being inspected. Assist as needed in the Preventive Maintenance Truck performing services on customer job sites.
- Maintain Communication with Regard to Matters Concerning Assigned Operational Unit(s).
- Maintain Compliance with Federal, State, Local and Safety Regulations Specific to Job Function(s).
- Maintain Current Knowledge and Resources to Maximize Efficiency in Assigned Operational Unit(s).
- Inspect Fleet Unit(s) Prior to Use to Verify Adequate Safety and Operational Tolerances.
- Promote Thompson Machinery, CAT and Allied Product Lines to Customers and Community.
- Submit Accurate Time Records related to Work Performed and/or Hours Worked.
- Document Services Performed (i.e Service Reports, Photos, etc.).
- Evaluate Customer Equipment for Repairs.
- Maintain Fleet Vehicle and DOT Log Book(s).
- Perform equipment inspections to identify safety and operational defects/issues.
- Remove and Install Various External Machine Components.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Prior experience in evaluating and in completion of inspections on machines is preferred.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains "ownership" of assigned tasks. Respects company assets.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Understands and remembers all written and verbal instructions. Carries out instructions accurately.
- Deals with adversity in a professional manner. Works effectively with co-workers, sharing credit when appropriate.
- Keeps work area clean and unobstructed throughout the work process. Maintains neat and professional personal appearance, adhering to company dress code.
- Works independent of supervision on assigned tasks. Moves between projects as scheduling requires.
- Must be available to work at any assigned location, including overtime, evenings or weekends (including overnight travel) if needed. Displays flexibility, handles changes to assigned tasks with ease.
- Completes reports, documentation, and other paperwork accurately and on time. Performs tasks with highest level of quality.
- Constantly maintains an awareness of hazards inherent to work.