Power Rental Technician
The Power Rental Technician position contributes to the company’s goals for profit, market share, and customer satisfaction by providing technical support to the Power Rental department and staff. Reporting within the Power Division to the East Region Power Rental Service Supervisor, the Rental Technician will assist with receiving and shipping equipment, inspection and basic service on equipment, and delivery and setup of rental equipment at customer sites. The position will be based in LaVergne (Nashville), Tennessee.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Some College and/or Technical Education preferred.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of basic technician hand and power tools, and standard office equipment including computers, calculators, printers, copiers, telephones and fax.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of basic Microsoft applications and Lotus Notes, and able to develop functional ability in the use of Proprietary Software (DBS).
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, managers and vendors.
- Must possess and maintain a current and valid state driver’s license.
- Must possess and maintain a current DOT license with a current medical card as required. If the candidate does not currently have a DOT license and medical card then he/she must be able to attain a current and valid DOT license.
- Maintain rental fleet in good condition, insuring all equipment is in “Ready-for-Rent” status (oil and filters, batteries, cleaning, etc.)
- Develop capability to function within the company’s Shipping and Receiving Report system.
- Visually inspect equipment prior to shipping and upon receiving, noting any issues with equipment.
- Help coordinate transportation of equipment to complete rental transaction.
- Work closely with the Power Service Department to coordinate and schedule major engine or electrical repairs.
- Provide customers with training in safe and effective operation of rental equipment.
- Assist in evaluating customer power requirements and coordinating logistics in responding to customer needs.
- Some prior technical experience and/or training as a shop or field service technician with a basic knowledge of rental equipment (generator sets, air compressors, and HVAC) is preferred.
- Ability to read schematics and follow troubleshooting guidelines as required to assist in resolving customer issues.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- All locations offer clean, safe working conditions; however, the position may work in situations where hazards may be present. Therefore, a detailed knowledge of equipment and engines is a must as well as a demonstrated proficiency in service and repair of equipment using standard safety procedures.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior services, innovative solutions, and lasting relationships. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now