Product Specialist – Truck Center
The Product Specialist – Truck Center position is responsible for the loading, securing and transporting engines and transmissions to manufacturer, working with non-company employees at job site. Utilizes safe operating practices and procedures in compliance with company and DOT regulations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain CDL Class “A” license in good standing.
- Mechanical experience with CAT engines, truck clutches and transmissions.
- Must be able to travel to various corporate and external sites (branches, dealers, vendors, etc.).
- Confirming the accuracy of delivery documents (All referenced items are delivered or received).
- Operate COT Class 3 or higher-level trucks, with current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Able to use SIS WEB to perform basic truck engine and transmission diagnostics, repair and service.
- Inspect fleet unit(s) prior to use to verify adequate safety and operational tolerances.
- Assemble and stall miscellaneous parts and accessories to vehicles.
- Document services performed (i.e. service reports, photos, etc.).
- Interpret, diagnose and troubleshoot engine and transmission fault codes.
- Maintain fleet vehicle and DOT log book(s).
- Receive and inspect delivered vehicles, identify and complete repairs as needed.
- Understand manufacturing process and build schedules and provide components to meet schedules.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior services, innovative solutions, and lasting relationships. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now