Rental Coordinator – Heavy Rent Fleet
The Rental Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to provide administrative support for the Heavy Rents Fleet group with processing of rent-to-rent orders. As a staff member within the Used Machines & Heavy Rents Department, the position will be based in the Lavergne (Nashville) Tennessee office but will work closely with all Used – Heavy Rents Managers, assisting General Line salesmen with rental quotations and orders, including inventory availability, coordination of transportation/shipping, service requests, invoicing, and return of rental units.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- College degree (business, sales, construction) preferred.
- Three or more years of relevant experience desired.
- Able to use standard office equipment: computers, calculators, printers, copiers and fax.
- Has knowledge and experience with Thompson DBS Inventory system.
- Proficient in the use of basic Microsoft applications and web-browsers, and must be able to develop functional ability in the use of proprietary software, including iRental and Rouse Analytics.
- Able to communicate effectively with GL salesmen, customers, co-workers, and managers.
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing excellence in customer service and representing Thompson Machinery and Thompson Used Equipment & Heavy Rents Department in all stores.
- Must maintain confidentiality of sensitive or proprietary corporate information.
- Demonstrate ability to function efficiently in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Candidates must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Assist GL sales reps with rental unit availability, pricing, and processing of rental order assistance.
- Arrange and complete shipping documents for delivery of Heavy Rental units.
- Manage heavy Rental-to-Rent status for returned rentals, including generating work authorizations for maintenance and/or repair service, and customer damage billings.
- Process Used Equipment & Heavy Rents Department freight invoicing.
- Supply all requested rental information required by Accounting Department to complete billings.
- Point of Contact for locating and processing RE-Rent machines from neighboring Cat dealers.
- Complete training to generate Heavy Rent Fleet orders and performance reports from iRental software, Rouse Analytics and Thompson Fleet reports.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with coworkers and frequent rental customers.
- Update and Maintain used equipment listing and pricing for Catused.com and Thompson Machinery web site for used equipment.
- Provide backup administrative support for Used Equipment & Heavy Rents Department employees.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior services, innovative solutions, and lasting relationships. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer.