The Rental Coordinator position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Cat Rental Store with the coordination and processing of rental sales. Reporting to the Cat Rental Store Manager, the position will work closely with the Rental Asset Manager, assist Rental Sales Representatives with rental transactions and orders, including customer contacts, pricing, inventory availability, coordination of transportation/shipping, and service requests. Rents equipment/attachments and sell accessories at the rental counter or by phone.
- College degree (business, sales, construction) preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience desired.
- Must demonstrate professionalism, integrity, adaptability and a strong customer service focus.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and self-initiative, and the personal drive to succeed.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and co-workers.
- Proficient in the use of basic Microsoft applications, Lotus Notes, Web-browsers, and must be able to develop functional ability in the use of proprietary software.
Candidates must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Reconcile electronic charge transactions.
- Maintain adequate product knowledge of equipment & Allied products.
- Research equipment, parts or Allied products to meet specialized customer requirements.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding equipment.
- Schedule, dispatch and route vehicles for transport of equipment and Allied products.
- Coordinate with shop staff regarding repair status and availability of equipment.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior services, innovative solutions, and lasting relationships. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer.