Manages all skilled service mechanics/technicians, support staff, and service shop activiies for the Cat Rental Store support shop. Assigns work within company facilities and at remote field locations, providing assistance to technicians in prioritizing and locating field service customers. Directs staff to ensure safe practices are followed, and approppriate and efficient repairs are performed. Coordinates contact with techicians to support parts availability and parts orders, timely completion of work orders, and development of work schedules. Interacts with customers and superiors regarding service progress.
- Conduct Annual Performance Reviews for Assigned Operational Unit(s).
- Investigate & Document Events of Work-related Injury and/or Property Damage.
- Maintain effective work, vacation, and training schedules for assigned staff.
- Maintain Project Tracking and Progress Reports for Assigned Operational Unit(s).
- Manage staff and policy to achieve business objectives.
- Submit Accurate Time Records related to Work Performed and/or Hours Worked.
- Respond to Customer Inquiries Related to Service.
- Review and Maintain Familiarity with Service Letters, Magazines and News Published by Vendors.
- Schedule Service for Customer Equipment.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Technical School Graduate Preferred
- Experience Commensurate with Education
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks. Respects company assets.
- Works independent of supervision on assigned tasks. Moves between projects as scheduling requires.
- Uses personal and company tools/resources effectively. Demonstrates troubleshooting aptitude by thinking through problems.
- Must be available to work at any assigned location, including overtime, evenings or weekends (including overnight travel) if needed. Displays flexibility, handles changes to assigned tasks with ease.
- Completes reports, documentation, and other paperwork accurately and on time. Performs tasks with highest level of quality.