Responsible for rental sales of Caterpillar and other major construction, earthmoving and aerial products within a reqion covering the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi rental market. The position will be responsible to develop and maintain relationships with customers in an assigned territory, for delivery and set-up of equipment, and for product demonstrations. Reporting to the Rental Store Manager, the Rental Sales Rep will contribute to company goals for profitability, market share and customer satisfaction. Working with company support and service resources, will coordinate the delivery of construction and earthmoving products and allied equipment ready for customer use. May transport general construction equipment and allied equipment to customer site using assigned company truck and trailer. Completes rental order forms and data entry.
- Equipment Delivery & After-delivery Follow-up.
- Perform Equipment Operation and Safety Demonstrations for Customers.
- Document Customer Contacts & Territory Management Strategy.
- Maintain Adequate Product Knowledge of Equipment & Allied Products.
- Research Equipment, Parts or Allied Products to Meet Specialized Customer Requirements.
- Respond to Customer Inquiries Regarding Equipment & Allied Products.
- College Graduate Preferred (business, sales, construction or ag related fields)
- Two or more years experience preferred.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains "ownership" of assigned tasks. Respects company assets.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Deals with adversity in a professional manner. Works effectively with co-workers, sharing credit when appropriate.
- Works independent of supervision on assigned tasks. Moves between projects as scheduling requires.
- Uses personal and company tools/resources effectively. Demonstrates troubleshooting aptitude by thinking through problems.