Rental Service Operations / Warranty Manager
The Service Operations/Warranty Manager is responsible for developing and overseeing the service and warranty processes at all Cat Rental Store locations at Thompson Machinery. He/she is tasked with working with the Branch Manager to ensure optimal efficiency, safety and productivity of the shop operations at each store.
- Prior technical experience and training as shop or field service mechanic at a rental company or dealership.
- Experience in managing service operations at a rental company or dealership.
- Experience processing warranty claims including dealing with OEMs on denied claims.
- Demonstrated professionalism, integrity, adaptability and a strong customer service focus.
- Sense of urgency and self-initiative, and the personal drive for success.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of basic business software applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must be able to travel as required to visit all branches (40%)
- Implement and oversee the warranty claims process for allied equipment in the CRS rental fleet.
- Ensure processes exist and are being executed in the service operations at all branches that achieve optimal results in safety, return-to-ready, quality of product, R&M ratio, customer damage recovery and warranty recovery.
- Assist branches with recruiting, hiring, training and career development of service techs.
- Implement and train new service related tools – SmartEquip, Inspct App., etc.
- Assure shops are set up appropriately with the correct shop equipment, tools, PPE, etc.
- Evaluate and ensure the best suppliers are being utilized for shop equipment and supplies.
- Act as liaison with main shop on repairs of CRS fleet machines.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior services, innovative solutions, and lasting relationships. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now