Manages all mechanics/technicians and service shop operations. Assigns work & directs staff to ensure that safe, appropriate and efficient repairs are performed. Interacts with customers and superiors regarding service progress.
- Conduct Annual Performance Reviews for Assigned Operational Unit(s).
- Investigate & Document Events of Work-related Injury and/or Property Damage.
- Maintain effective work, vacation, and training schedules for assigned staff.
- Maintain Project Tracking and Progress Reports for Assigned Operational Unit(s).
- Manage staff and policy to achieve business objectives.
- Research and Coordinate Resolution of Descrepancies within Assigned Operational Unit(s).
- Submit Accurate Time Records related to Work Performed and/or Hours Worked.
- Respond to Customer Inquiries Related to Service.
- Review and Maintain Familiarity with Service Letters, Magazines and News Published by Vendors.
- Schedule Service for Customer Equipment.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Experience Commensurate with Education
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains "ownership" of assigned tasks. Respects company assets.
- Works independent of supervision on assigned tasks. Moves between projects as scheduling requires.
- Uses personal and company tools/resources effectively. Demonstrates troubleshooting aptitude by thinking through problems.
- Must be available to work at any assigned location, including overtime, evenings or weekends (including overnight travel) if needed. Displays flexibility, handles changes to assigned tasks with ease.
- Completes reports, documentation, and other paperwork accurately and on time. Performs tasks with highest level of quality.