The Accounting Manager is responsible for the preparation and maintenance of financial reporting in compliance with GAAP. See below for additional responsibilities. This position reports to the Corporate Controller.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Business Management required.
- 3+ Years Public Accounting Experience
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Good communication skills across all levels of the company.
- Develop functional ability in the use of proprietary (i.e Caterpillar, etc.) software, such as AS400, CODA
- Prepare and analyze financial reports and records
- Make recommendations based on analysis of financial information for reserves, expenditures, and asset accounts
- Mentor other Accounting Staff
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet and general ledger accounts
- Support month end and year end close processes
- Ensure compliance with GAAP
- Assist Corporate Controller with financial and tax audits
- Design, document, and monitor internal controls in support of the accounting team
- Create a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manual for accounting policy and regulations, and roll out reconciliation procedures
- Research and coordinate resolution of discrepancies within assigned operational unit.
- Coordinate more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of May 19, 2022 06:45 AM