The Asset Manager is responsible for coordination and management of fleet assets within the Product Support organization.
Fleet assets will include equipment service trucks, delivery trucks and trailers, and light and medium-duty pickup trucks used in performance of Product Support activities, assets which are assigned across each of the company’s branch locations.
Based in the LaVergne (Nashville) Tennessee headquarters, the position will have the opportunity to work remotely, and will report to the Director of Product Support. The position will travel to facilities across the dealer territory, including occasional overnight stays.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with minimum 4 years fleet experience or an associate degree in related field with 7-10 years fleet experience.
- Computer skills with Excel, Word, Internet, and web-based systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill, both verbal and written.
- Able to conduct compliance audits and implement policy.
- Familiar with standard DOT and/or agency compliance concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Goal oriented, self-managing with skill in time and project management considerations.
- May require occasional travel to branch locations and ability to enter/exit vehicles.
- Handles confidential information requiring exercise of appropriate discretion.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with a heavy workload.
- Able to conduct assigned projects to completion and meet various and required deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, drivers, and managers.
- Maintain accurate and current list of all fleet vehicles and assets including vehicle make, model, specifications, mileage, and service history; unit location; and assigned operator information.
- Manage the vehicle fuel card program through Wright Express, including users and card management, cost allocation and validation.
- Collect and manage fleet financial data to perform cost analysis of Product Support vehicle fleet. Organize and make recommendations on fleet replacement, additions, and disposals, based on Product Support needs and input.
- Develop and manage comprehensive preventative maintenance program to support vehicle condition and longevity, and comply with all regulatory, manufacturer and company rules/guidelines.
- Coordinate with Product Support to determine new/replacement vehicle specs, and once specs are set, work with Fleet Manager for purchase of units and preparation of vehicles for service duty.
- Maintain fleet policy and procedures, including vehicle assignment, personal use, replacement policy, compliance with accident reporting process, and other related procedures.
- Support and coordinate outsource process, determining which fleet processes could be outsourced, suppliers to consider, coordinate contract process, serve as primary contact with suppliers, and track supplier performance.
- Serve as member of TMCC safety committee, determine cause and fault analysis, and execute company fleet policy when action required.
- Coordinate with department management for the sale of fleet units to maximize total vehicle ROI.
- Track and report Product Support fleet expense performance monthly to management, maintaining “cost per mile” worksheet to analyze vehicle performance and costs for fleet under management.
- Assist in building and tracking annual Capitalization Expenditure Budget.
- Maintain vendor relations.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Dec 01, 2022 03:45 AM