Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Assistant Controller will drive high-end accounting results, including the compliance and maintenance of GAAP accounting principles, practices, and procedures. This individual will direct and plan the delivery of timely and accurate fiscal records and financial reports that summarize the company’s business activity and financial position.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Business Management required.
- 3+ Years Public Accounting Experience
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the company.
- Generate and analyze financial reports and records
- Proactively pursue and resolve business issues impacting financial information for reserves, expenditures, and asset accounts
- Motivate and develop other Accounting Staff
- Oversee and reconcile balance sheet and general ledger accounts
- Helps facilitate and improve month’s end and year’s end closing processes
- Quality Control: ensure all financial statements and tables are correct and compliant with GAAP
- Coordinate with Corporate Controller with financial and tax audits
- Design, document, and monitor internal controls in support of the accounting team
- Create a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manual for accounting policy and regulations, and roll out reconciliation procedures
- Research and coordinate resolution of discrepancies within assigned operational unit.
- Drive more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Jun 26, 2022 10:45 AM