Assistant Credit Manager
The Assistant Credit Manager position will coordinate various credit and collection responsibilities to meet operational goals and expectations. Position will be responsible for research and analysis, credit application approval, and collection of receivables for multiple locations. The position supports customers, co-workers and supervisor requests for accurate data and for efficient resolution of credit and collections-related concerns.
- College or university degree in the field of finance, economics, or related business field preferred. A minimum of a high school diploma with 4 years equivalent work experience is required.
- Must have experience in credit and collections.
- Knowledge of Bankruptcy and collections laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) laws.
- Ability to work on occasion with outside legal counsel.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong documentations skills.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Provides customers with service requests for account maintenance or assistance.
- Manages open receivables, including collections, dispute resolution, and posting of funds.
- Analyzes consumer and business credit reports.
- Approves and sets up new customer accounts.
- Processes financed sales, including working with outside lenders, internal sales team and customers.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.Apply Now
Listing is current as of Mar 04, 2021 03:30 AM