Assistant Marketing Manager
The Assistant Marketing Manager leads a team of marketing professionals in developing and carrying out marketing strategies and measuring program performance. Using deep understanding of the dealership’s strategic goals and analysis of customer and market data, the Assistant Marketing Manager develops marketing campaigns to generate leads, create product and brand awareness and build customer loyalty. This position works closely with other departments and leaders at the dealership and partner manufacturers to understand their products, services, and solution offerings, ensuring the brand and vision are upheld and are represented positively.
The ideal candidate is a strong communicator and relationship-builder, skilled in facilitating collaboration between dealership departments and with external parties. Strong project management and interpersonal skills are also critical, as the Assistant Marketing Manager guides their team to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related business study is required.
- At least three years of progressive experience in a marketing or sales functions, with one or more years in a marketing leadership position is strongly preferred.
- Experience in varied media (e.g., digital, social, print, broadcast, press releases, etc.) preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- Ability to write routine reports and effective correspondence for internal and external audiences.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Proven skills in written and verbal communications, planning, organizing, leadership and interpersonal relationship building.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, marketing automation platforms, customer relationship management (CRM) systems, and tools for data analysis, marketing, and design.
- Ability to relate to all levels of employees and be a team player who motivates and educates other team members.
- Ability to set and manage priorities for both individual and staff responsibilities and tasks.
- flexibility to travel across the territory to visit customers and branches as required. Some out-of-region travel may be required (up to 25%).
- Lead the dealership’s short- and long-term marketing strategy across industry portfolios, including both Cat and allied brands.
- Select, train, and oversee a team of marketing professionals, including marketing coordinators and marketing interns.
- Empower the dealership to achieve customer satisfaction and financial targets by crafting innovative marketing programs combining messaging and design strategies, and lead team to bring these programs to life.
- Champion the customer experience across all touchpoints to define and lead the dealership brand to build customer trust and loyalty.
- Identify key target market segments and stakeholders for marketing programs and ensure that all communications are clear, professional, engaging, and relevant to their audiences.
- Manage both digital and traditional marketing channels, orchestrating programs of various types and stages simultaneously and ensuring consistent, relevant messaging.
- Develop and maintain success metrics to assess the effectiveness of marketing programs, including campaign and content ROI, and make strategic adjustments when needed.
- Responsible for gaining insight into how customers interact with the dealership and which media channels they turn to, then use this knowledge to determine when each channel should be employed.
- Manage relationships with vendors, suppliers, and PR firms to facilitate collaboration and ensure successful campaigns.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of May 19, 2022 04:45 AM