The Sales Coordinator position is responsible for providing administrative support to dealership Sales staff members with the coordination and processing of equipment sales. The positions will work closely with Sales Operations on sales transaction and records, warranty enrollment, and customer billing processes. Assists with Territory Sales requirements for sales transactions, including customer contacts, pricing, inventory availability and service requests.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Three or more years of relevant experience desired.
- Able to use standard office equipment: computers, calculators, printers, copiers and fax.
- Proficient in the use of basic Microsoft applications, Lotus Notes, Web-browsers, and must be able to develop functional ability in the use of proprietary software.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, vendors and managers.
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing excellence in customer service and representing Thompson Machinery in a professional manner.
- Must maintain confidentiality of sensitive corporate information.
- Functions effectively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Create sales agreements and shipping documents for transport of equipment – sales, loans, and demos.
- Assists in preparation and distribution of business documents, reports and sales and marketing documentation for analysis.
- Gather materials and process sales transactions, interacting with Accounting Department for customer invoicing.
- File available Sales rebate and incentive programs with Caterpillar or other suppliers.
- Assist Territory Sales Representatives with sales transaction paperwork, customer history, etc.
- Generate work authorization paperwork for work required from Service Department.
- Use the Dealer’s business system to extract customer and equipment information.
- Prepare written reports and recommendations as required by the Dealership.
- Communicate verbal recommendations as required by the Dealership.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior services, innovative solutions, and lasting relationships. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now
Listing is current as of Aug 04, 2020 07:30 PM