Commercial Service Manager
The Commercial Service Manager position is responsible for managing all service operations within the designated location. Reporting to the Product Support Manager, the position oversees and directs the company’s skilled service technicians, support staff, service shop, and Field Service activities of corresponding work orders for the designated location.
The position plays an integral role in hiring and training EPG technicians, setting service shop procedures and standards, and overseeing service shop safety. Coordinates technician training and sharing of technical and new model information.
- Three or more years of previous supervisory equipment service experience working on commercial engine products including Power Generation Engines, Electrical Switchgear, Industrial Engines, and Marine Engines
- Background in service technician training and/or equipment service and maintenance training through accredited technical schools, other dealerships or manufacturer factory training preferred.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and on-call hours as required.
- Demonstrated professionalism, integrity, adaptability and a strong customer service focus.
- Sense of urgency and self-initiative, and the personal drive for success.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to travel as required for meetings and training (less than 15%).
Directs staff to ensure that safe practices are followed, and appropriate and efficient repairs are performed. Coordinates contact with technicians to support parts availability and parts orders, timely completion of work orders, and development of work schedules.
- Manage staff and policy to achieve business objectives.
- Investigate & document events of work-related injury and/or property damage.
- Maintain effective work, vacation and training schedules for assigned staff.
- Maintain project tracking and progress reports for assigned operational unit.
- Respond to customer inquiries related to service.
- Provide high quality control standards while maintaining high-level of equipment readiness
- Motivate and coach technicians to exceed time and quality standards to comply with our measurable matrixes
- Evaluate performance of team members and identify appropriate skills training
- Responsible for cost associated with repair and maintenance within allotted budgets
- Promote and drive a strong safety culture through disciplined leadership, accountability, and rewards.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Jun 02, 2023 07:45 PM