Compact Construction Equipment – Sales Manager
The Compact Construction Equipment – Sales Manager will direct the activities of the company’s compact construction equipment product sales team. The position will be responsible for developing and implementing an aggressive sales growth strategy for the territory, including developing the sales team as the division expands. Reporting to the Nashville Region Sales Manager, the CCE Sales Manager will align and deliver company sales goals for profitability, market share and customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or another related field.
- Prior experience leading and managing a sales force, including pipeline management, P&L responsibilities, inventory management, used trade-in valuation and management, and budgeting.
- Experience representing and selling industry leading high-value, high-tech construction and earthmoving machinery, including Caterpillar or John Deere, Komatsu, Volvo, etc.
- Knowledge of the construction industry, and familiarization with area construction, material handling processes and customers.
- Experience coordinating and participating in equipment shows, demonstrations and workshops.
- Familiarization with equipment delivery, service, repair and parts operations.
- Ability to develop, maintain and manage strong customer relationships with area customers.
- Able to function efficiently in and to manage a team-oriented, collaborative work environment.
- Excellent communications ability with external customers and suppliers and internal resources.
- Must reside in, or be willing to relocate into the Nashville or Middle Tennessee region.
- Requires minimal to moderate travel, generally within territory.
Product line responsibility included skid-steer loaders, compact track loaders, mini-hydraulic excavators, compact wheel loaders, telehandlers, and attachments. The CCE Sales Manager will leverage dealership personnel and resources to meet or exceed customer expectations throughout the sales, delivery, follow-up, and documentation processes. Manages delivery of construction equipment, and will work closely with the company’s product support resources to provide parts and services, including field technician services to the customer.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.Apply Now
Listing is current as of May 07, 2021 04:30 PM