Corporate Safety Director
The Thompson Machinery Corporate Safety Director guides and manages the Environmental Health & Safety (“EHS”) department and is responsible for the effective leadership of the company’s EHS programs. The Safety Director ensures compliance with OSHA, MSHA, NFPA, EPA, and DOT rules and regulations as well as Caterpillar standards, and manages all third-party compliance reporting and related training relationships. The Director provides leadership as a member of the Company’s “6s” continuous improvement team and, in partnership with the HR department, leads workers compensation injury management and prevention activities. Through planning, development, implementation, coordination, and direction of health & safety, environmental, and fleet compliance programs the Safety Director role is critical to the Company achieving its goals and operational targets for the business, its customers, regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders.
The Corporate Safety Director reports to the Chief Operating Officer with an office in either the Company’s LaVergne (Nashville) or Memphis, Tennessee location.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Engineering, Natural Science, or a related field is preferred. An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience is required.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) accreditation preferred.
- Training certificates from National Safety Council or similar certifications is a plus.
- Represents Company at regulatory and industry meetings, and conferences including out of town travel.
- Provides data to customers as a part of bid packages and pre-qualifications, and manages third-party compliance and auditing processes i.e.: ISNetworld, Avetta, BROWZ, etc.
- Serves as a professional resource to supervisors and managers and collaborates to prepare safety training presentations for employees.
- Designs and implements workers compensation loss prevention programs in partnership with outside consultants.
- Serves as the primary contact for regulatory agencies regarding Occupational and Mine Safety, and Environmental matters.
- Conducts site visits and audits with all divisions and branch locations and prepares associated reporting.
- Collaborates and counsels company management on EHS related policies, regulations, and best practices.
- Leads activities and investigations regarding EHS related incidents and monitors related corrective action plans.
- Formulates, develops, and directs all facets of Company accident-prevention, hazardous materials, and motor vehicle compliance programs.
- Monitors changes in governmental regulations and advises management on potential impacts to the business.
- Performs environmental samplings of waste streams and potentially hazardous materials and ensures compliance with EPA and HAZMAT requirements.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of May 19, 2022 05:45 AM