The Data Analyst is responsible for interpreting data and turning it into information which can offer ways to improve a business and/or use it to make strategic business decisions.
- Associate Degree in Business Information Systems or Business Management
- 2+ years of development experience with data analytics and visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- 2+ years of experience using SQL Server
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and SQL skills
- Power BI development
- DAX and Power Query M language
- Experience building ETL processes preferably with SSIS
- Tabular cube development using SSAS
- PowerShell scripting to automate processes
- VBA for Applications development
- Report development using SSRS
- Knowledge of IBM DB/2
- Business Acumen: experience with Financial Statements and Finance processes
- Thorough troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with both written and spoken English
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative, diverse team
- Self-starter with the ability to handle ambiguity and bring clarity and vision to such situations
- Ability to speak to business users and translate needs into technical requirements
- Exhibits the following traits: personable, enjoys working with diverse personalities, attention to detail, process oriented, and highly structured
- Ability to identify and surface data trends to drive the most business value
- Support corporate strategy with technical solutions
- Develop dashboards and report using power BI to provide operational insights for employees and drive data-driven decision making.
- Manage the Thompson Machinery data warehouse to ensure accuracy and add new data to meet continuously evolving business needs.
- Provide insight into the data’s meaning and how it can be used to make data-driven decisions.
- Scope employee needs by collecting the relevant facts and investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
- Consult and collaborate with your immediate peers, colleagues and with management on projects.
- Document your technical work and research to help your peers and improve the support experience using Azure DevOps.
- Advise employee on how to leverage technology to improve their processes.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Dec 03, 2020 06:30 AM