Data Engineer, Process Automation
The Data Engineer, Automation will work with operational divisions to leverage technology to automate business processes to reduce errors and improve efficiency allowing employees to focus on complex, value-add tasks.
- Strong understanding of the SQL language beyond simple SELECT, UPDATE, and INSERT. Ability to create stored procedures and preferably dynamic SQL. Experience with performance tuning is preferred.
- Fundamental SQL Server knowledge: creating databases, tables, views, schemas, and stored procedures.
- Working knowledge of a scripting language such as PowerShell (preferred), Python, etc.
- High drive and enthusiasm to work with others and solve problems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in an RPA tool such as Automation Anywhere, UiPath, Power Automate, etc.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience with document management systems such as OnBase, Opentext, Oracle, Laserfiche, etc.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in calling APIs to retrieve and post data.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience using FTP and SFTP to send and receive data.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to operational employees
- Work with operations to identify and develop new OnBase and Automation Anywhere applications to automate document workflow, including data integration with Thompson Machinery’s ERP.
- Work with the third-party consultants to upgrade Hyland’s OnBase software to the new version.
- Administer Thompson Machinery’s OnBase and Automation Anywhere infrastructure. Provide recommendations for both hardware and software upgrades as needed and apply vendor-recommended patches.
- Develop custom interfaces to external customers and vendors using FTP, SFTP, and web APIs as needed when third-party solutions are not available.
- Serve as a secondary resource for the Data Engineer, Data Warehouse and Analytics for SQL Server, ETL, Power BI, SSIS, and data warehouse questions.
- Coordinate work and act as integration SME for third parties.
- Coordinate maintenance with third parties for integrations.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Aug 19, 2022 04:45 AM