Delivery & Revisit Specialist
The Delivery & Revisit Specialist performs machine trade inspections for regional sales force. Evaluates fleet units for the Certified Used fleet and preforms certified used inspections. Writes work orders for repairs on Certified Used fleet and coordinates repair process with construction and Paint shops. Performs delivery/revisit on new and used equipment to customers, including delivery documentation, parts books, oil sampling kits, etc. Advises customer on appropriate use of equipment, appropriate service intervals and basic safety considerations. This position will be based in Memphis, Tennessee.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Prior experience in evaluating and completing inspections on trade-in machines and Certified Used machines.
- Prior experience in troubleshooting machines for repair and ability to operate heavy equipment.
- Completes reports, documentation, and other paperwork accurately and on time. Performs tasks with highest level of quality.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, vendors or managers related to job functions.
- Works independent of supervision on assigned tasks.
- Must be able to communicate via email effectively and efficiently (MS Office 365, Lotus Notes, etc.).
- Must develop functional ability in the use of proprietary (i.e. Caterpillar, etc.) software.
- Equipment delivery & after-delivery follow up.
- Perform equipment operation and safety demonstrations for customers.
- Inspect fleet unit(s) prior to use to verify adequate safety and operational tolerances.
- Load and secure parts, equipment and/or accessories for delivery.
- Evaluate & troubleshoot customers and company equipment for repairs.
- Maintain fleet vehicle and DOT log book(s).
- Performs minor repairs to rental fleet and certified used fleet machines.
- Remove and install various external machine components.
- Respond to customer inquiries related to service/operation.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- All locations offer clean, safe working conditions; however, the position may work in situations where hazards may be present. Therefore, a detailed knowledge of equipment and engines is a must as well as a demonstrated proficiency in service and repair of equipment using standard safety procedures.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now