Delivery/Shuttle Truck Driver – Part-Time
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Operates delivery / shuttle truck(s), requiring a current state issued CDL license in good standing, including Air Brake certification. Loads, transports and unloads cargo in a timely manner, using safe operating, loading, unloading and tie-down procedures. This position will run a route, consistent, and set driving route each day. This position is a part-time (25 hours per week) day shift opening, Monday through Friday.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain CDL Class “B” license in good standing. DOT Health card in good standing is require.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Demonstrate proficiency in loading/unloading equipment & properly securing loads for transport.
- Demonstrate proper hazardous waste handling and storage methods.
- Maintains neat and professional personal appearance, adhering to company dress code.
- Works independent of supervision on assigned tasks. Moves between projects as scheduling requires.
- Must be available to work at any time, including overtime, evenings or weekends. Displays flexibility, handles changes to assigned tasks with ease.
- Constantly maintains as awareness of hazards inherent to work.
- Confirm accuracy of delivery documents (all referenced items are delivered or received).
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing excellence in customer service and representing Thompson Machinery in a professional manner.
- Inspect Fleet unit(s) prior to use to verify adequate safety and operational tolerances.
- Load and secure parts, equipment and/or accessories for delivery.
- Promote Thompson Machinery, CAT and Allied product lines to customers and community.
- Maintain fleet vehicle and DOT log book.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 50-80 pounds occasionally.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Dec 04, 2023 12:45 AM