Information Technology Support Technician
The IT Support Technician’s role is to provide maintenance and support for corporate computing systems and peripherals under the responsibility of the IT Department. This includes configuring, diagnosing, repairing and disposing desktop hardware and software as well as peripheral systems. Other responsibilities include inventory control from acquisition to disposal. Problem resolution will occur both over the phone and in person. All work will be recorded and tracked to ensure quality customer service. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of technical investments.
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or 3 years of desktop support experience.
- Excellent knowledge of PC hardware, including Intel-based platforms and internal components.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems and standards.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with customer service focus.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
- On-call availability.
- Interact with end-users in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform on-site and remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of problems for end-users including software installation and upgrades; hardware installation and replacement; preventative maintenance of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Schedule computer and peripheral replacements with end-user.
- Construct, install, and test customized desktop configurations based on various platforms and departmental requirements.
- Accurately document the nature of each issue and the end-user in the IT Help Desk ticketing system.
- Prioritize, resolve and escalate problem ticket resolution as necessary.
- Identify, understand and support corporate software/hardware utilized by the organization.
- Collaborate with IT team members to ensure efficient operation of the organization’s desktop computing environment.
- Identify the need for help documents and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior services, innovative solutions, and lasting relationships. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now