Director Finance, Credit and Collections
The Director Finance, Credit and Collections position ensures customers of Thompson Machinery have a positive experience in relation to their financed and credit accounts while limiting the risk taken by the company. The individual will achieve conformity where appropriate among all divisions and stores relating to the Finance and Credit/Collections functions, introducing, and adapting to state-of-the-art technologies, developing policies, procedures and best practices, credit applications and requirements, AR reporting, and collections protocols. Provides leadership and mentoring for finance, credit and collections staff that directly report to her/him. Engages with senior leaders of the company to ensure proper involvement in credit and collections activities. Other duties may be assigned.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the position will be based in Nashville or Memphis, Tennessee.
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited college and a minimum of five to ten years of extensive firsthand experience in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Sets goals and objectives for finance, credit and collections team members.
- Evaluates new customers for finance and credit and assigns limits or finds alternatives to assist them in purchasing Thompson Machinery products and services.
- Develop a protocol for finance, credit and collections staff to use in evaluating whether to release transactions that exceed a customer’s credit limit.
- Research and implement credit and collections systems and technologies to maximize department productivity and performance.
- Develop reporting and communication processes for credit limits and exposures to ensure the operations team is aware of customers’ credit limits and how much they have available against them.
- Supports the collections staff in communicating to the operations team on any invoices requiring their support and involvement with the customer for payment.
- Create and analyze credit and collections data on a regular basis: daily, weekly, monthly, and annually.
- Attend monthly credit meetings which report on progress of payment or resolution of delinquent balances to store branches and rental teams.
- Create and review processes to ensure proper recording of notes on all communications in AR system by all credit personnel.
- Manage the process to ensure sales and rentals follow the proper legal protocols to protect our interests in collections.
- Manage the finance, credit and collections staff and provide feedback, annual performance reviews, and career planning.
- Manage the finance, credit and collections team’s Employee Opinion Survey results by holding regular meetings on action planning and making changes which serve the team’s needs.
- Attend monthly senior leader credit reviews to assist in action plans and account evaluation.
- Manage the legal process associated with collections, write offs, customer bankruptcies, liens, etc.
- Engage with customers on a regular basis to assist in collections and help our customers succeed.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of May 19, 2022 06:45 AM