Energy Systems Engineer
Thompson Energy Solutions, a division of Thompson Machinery, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Middle and West Tennessee, and North Mississippi, is hiring an Energy Systems Engineer in Nashville, TN. The Energy Systems Engineer is responsible for being a technical liaison between Customers, Consulting Engineers, Key Influencers and various Departments within Thompson Energy Solutions. CAT Electric Power Generation products include gensets, automatic transfer switches, switchgear and paralleling controls, microgrid controllers, solar, and energy storage solutions.
Candidates must have a four-year engineering degree in electrical, mechanical or industrial with at least 10 years project engineering experience with generator and switchgear or utility design experience. Prior experience as an EPG Technician, EPG Project Manager, and/or OEM Territory Manager preferred. Prior experience working with electrical engineering specifications, including layouts, one-line diagrams, riser diagrams, plan details, etc., required. Additional requirements include:
- High mechanical aptitude required; able to maintain up to date knowledge of Caterpillar engine and generator lines
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Must be innovative and creative to handle challenging situations
- Strong PC skills with the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology
- Have strong communication skills with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to handle large volumes of work in a fast-paced environment
- Well organized, able to prioritize workload and handle several tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Able to engage in effective and persuasive discussions on complex topics with top management and other personnel
- Must be proficient with MS-Office applications and able to deliver presentations
- Provide Generator Power Systems expertise to facilitate initial design assistance for sales, customers and consultants.
- Provide assistance in equipment sizing and specification writing with engineers, owners and sales representatives as requested.
- Work with sales associates to assist in providing a clear understanding of the customer’s application, operational theory, and product definition requirements for pricing and installation strategy.
- Provide technical support for gathering information and communicating responses for all returned submittal comments.
- Assist in identifying qualified electrical systems suppliers and evaluate their offerings for compliance with specification requirements.
- Perform engineering design efforts for system designs, customer interface and interconnect diagram guidance.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Mar 26, 2023 11:45 AM