Responsible for supporting the President/CEO and Executive Staff. Handles confidential information and maintains multiple complex calendars, planning and organizing events and coordinating travel. A good understanding and perspective of the business environment and high degree of professionalism are required, as this position will interact with a diverse population of internal and external business and community leaders. Provides administrative support and performs numerous duties, including scheduling, writing correspondence, welcoming/handling visitors, answering questions and requests from Caterpillar Inc., and coordinating business travel.
- Previous experience as an executive assistant, administrative assistant, or in other related fields preferred
- 2+ years of legal secretary/assistant experience is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Undergraduate degree in English or Business preferred
- Excellent proofreader for digital and print communications
- Strong interpersonal skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, including developing and improving office management systems and procedures
- Strong planning and time management skills, and ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving ability
- Maintain a high-level of trust, integrity, discretion, and confidentiality
- Provide administrative support to the President/CEO and Executive Staff
- Schedule meetings and arrange conference rooms
- Alert manager about cancelations or new meetings
- Manage travel and schedules
- Develop and manage an efficient documentation and filing system
- Handle information requests
- Prepare reports
- Manage spreadsheets
- Greet and receive visitors
- Prepare confidential and sensitive documents
- Prepare agenda for meetings
- Takes and transcribes dictation
- Coordinate travel arrangements; prepares itineraries; prepares, compiles, and maintains travel receipts, records, and reconcile corporate credit cards
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Mar 04, 2021 02:30 AM