Facilities Support Technician – Electrician
The Facilities Support Technician-Electrician position has broad responsibility for maintenance, repair, service and troubleshooting of all major facilities including electrical systems, for central and branch facilities, buildings, grounds and specialized equipment. Overall duties will be to maintain safe and efficient company facilities that are compliant with all operational, business, and legal requirements, and may perform, assist or oversee repairs, additions or modifications to facility infrastructure.
This is a skilled maintenance technician position with a certification in electrical service, who works largely independently, with a company-provided field service truck. Work is performed at a variety of company locations across Tennessee and Mississippi, including service shop or industrial environments, and office and professional facilities housing sales and staff personnel.
The Facilities Support Technician-Electrician position will be based in LaVergne, Tennessee, and will have responsibility to serve facilities typically located throughout the west Tennessee and north Mississippi territory. Reporting to the Facilities Manager based in LaVergne (Nashville), the Facilities Support Technician-Electrician will regularly travel to facilities across the dealer territory, including occasional overnight stays.
- Facility Technician or Electrician training through accredited technical schools, apprenticeship, or through related military experience preferred. High school diploma required.
- Five (5) or more years of previous hands-on facilities general maintenance experience, including electrical diagnostics, advanced troubleshooting and repair experience working on 120 – 480-volt electrical equipment.
- Ability to maintain, repair, install and construct company facilities, including electrical and electronic, mechanical, HVAC, plumbing and hydraulics, gas and pneumatic systems. Equipment will include cranes and hoists, air compressors, buildings, roofs, flooring, doors, docks and liquid storage tanks and dispensing equipment.
- Candidates with limited electrical experience, but with strong facility repair experience will be considered.
- Able to work flexible schedules, including nights, and must be able to work independently in remote locations.
- Must demonstrate professionalism, integrity, adaptability and a strong customer service focus.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and self-initiative, and the personal drive to be successful.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Possess and maintain a current, valid state driver’s license with a current DOT medical card as required for towing.
- Must be able to travel as required generally within territory (averaging up to 50%).
- Maintain a company vehicle equipped with bother personal and company owned tools
- Keep vehicle in a clean and orderly fashion
The Facilities Support Technician-Electrician will read and interpret technical instructions, safety manuals, service manuals, company policies and procedures. Works with electric and electronic schematics, wiring diagrams and ladder logic; and demonstrates an understanding of single phase and three phase circuit theory and AC/DC circuit theory as well as proficient in the use of test equipment. Electrical switchgear experience is helpful. Provides advanced troubleshooting and high-quality repair service on facilities including electric power sources, and switch gear, responding to company needs in a positive, safe and timely manner, ensuring maximum value for work performed.
Facility Support Technicians have safety and business responsibility within a broad company territory. As a technical expert and facilities support contact, they are responsible for communicating to provide an exceptional service experience as they identify, troubleshoot, diagnose and repair facilities and
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to requests in a courteous and professional, timely and responsive manner.
- Travel to designated facility sites to perform professional quality field service repairs consistent with Company standards.
- Maintain a clean, professional appearance.
- Advise Facility Manager of schedule and parts and supplies needed for necessary repairs.
- Work with Facility Manager to assist in addressing questions and problems as necessary.
- Document detailed and complete descriptions of all repair operations performed, using required forms and procedures.
- Accurately record parts utilized, labor time, expenses, and mileage.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with dealer employees, management, and co-workers.
- All locations offer clean, safe working environments; however, work conditions may present hazardous and potentially lethal electrical energy may be present. A detailed knowledge of electrical systems and equipment and a demonstrated proficiency in safe troubleshooting and repair of electrical equipment using standard procedures is required.
- Must possess basic set of industrial tools, including industrial hand tools, air tools, torque wrenches, and multimeters.
- Demonstrate troubleshooting and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Follow Company procedures and standard operating procedures.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Work well under occasional pressure or within deadlines.
- Work independently or with others in a collaborative, cooperative, team environment.
- Maintain a record of good attendance and document performance at prior jobs.
- Able to travel in an assigned region, and to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays, sometimes with short notice. Overnight travel may occasionally be required.
- Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company Service vehicle, including but not limited to: current, valid driver’s license issued by the state in which they reside, and have current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 50-80 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of May 19, 2022 05:45 AM