Field Service Coordinator
The Field Service Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and scheduling of equipment service and repairs. Assists technicians with locating job-sites and appropriate equipment. Maintains contact with customers and technicians to support parts orders, work order entry and work schedules.
Assists in providing administrative support to department staff members, including coordination of service documentation and personnel related issues with the Service Manager. Performs data entry for service work orders, directs communications (email, phone, radio, etc.) and supports all areas of service operations as needed. Interacts with internal and external resources to support efficient service operations related to scheduling, billing, warranty, and department operating processes.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Three or more years of relevant experience desired.
- Technical English language skills required. Ability to write routine reports and effective correspondence.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and employees of the organization.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as averages, percentages, shop math.
- Able to organize, pursue, and complete projects.
- Able to understand the basic dynamics of equipment operation and design.
- Able to use basic computer systems and programs, including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and Outlook; Dealer CRM; Dealer Business Systems (DBS).
- Functions effectively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
The Field Service Coordinator should be able to read and interpret technical information. The position is responsible for responding to customer needs in a positive, safe and timely manner, and for ensuring maximum value of the work performed.
- Coordinates resources and personnel schedules.
- Maintains effective work, vacation and training schedules for assigned staff.
- Processes repair parts orders and parts returns.
- Open and perform maintenance on work orders and segments.
- Enter labor hours on to work orders and close work orders on a timely basis.
- Schedule service for customer equipment.
- Prepare and distribute reports for analysis to department manager.
- Use the Dealer’s business system to extract customer and equipment history.
- Prepare written reports and recommendations as required.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Dec 03, 2020 07:30 AM