Field Service Preventative Maintenance Technician
The Preventive Maintenance (PM) Technician samples and changes oil and fluids on Caterpillar diesel powered construction equipment and competitive brands. Removes, inspects and installs filters, maintains lube truck inventory, and orders needed parts and supplies. Responsible for following company and EPA guidelines for disposal of oil and filter waste. Operates equipment to inspect for post-service issues or leaks, and to insure proper equipment operation.
This is a field position working largely independently and out of a company-provided lube service truck. The Field Service PM Technician works in a variety of customer locations and reports to the Supervisor of Equipment Management Solutions.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Filed Service PM Technician training or service and maintenance training through accredited technical schools, equipment dealerships or manufacturer training preferred.
- 1 – 2 years of prior experience in PM technical areas is desired.
- Able to work a flexible schedule and overtime, including nights, weekends and over-night travel as required, and must be able to work independently in remote locations.
- Must display professionalism, integrity, adaptability and a strong customer service focus.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and self-initiative, and the personal drive to be successful.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class “B”, and DOT medical card as required for operating regulated vehicle.
- Must have a basic set of hand tools.
- Must be able to travel as required.
The Field Service PM Technician should be able to read and interpret technical instructions, safety manuals, service manuals, company policies and procedures. Will need to be proficient in the sue of basic hand tools. The position is responsible for providing lube service on construction equipment, engines and powertrains, and for responding to customer needs in a positive, safe and timely manner.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- All locations offer clean, safe working conditions; however, the position may work in situations where hazards may be present. Therefore, a detailed knowledge of equipment and engines is a must as well as a demonstrated proficiency in service and repair of equipment using standard safety procedures.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 50-80 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Mar 04, 2021 01:30 AM