The FP&A Analyst will be responsible for assisting with financial forecasting, budgeting, and analysis to support strategic decision making across the organization. The ideal candidate will have strong financial modeling skills, a solid understanding of accounting principles, and excellent communications skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, or related field required; 5-7 years of relevant work experience required (can be a combination of Accounting and FP&A); FP&A experience required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level of skill in Microsoft Excel required.
- Experience in Power BI preferred.
- Experience in Workday Adaptive Planning preferred.
- Advanced skillset in model building to drive efficiency in financial analytics and scenario analysis.
- Must have experience in full 3 statement development and analytics.
- Excellent deductive reasoning and problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively summarize and present results of analysis/research.
- Builds models and performs ad-hoc financial analysis for divisional and senior leadership teams.
- Identifies and leads the development of high impact value-add analysis on business drivers, trends, and risk/opportunities by utilizing both internal and external data.
- Investigates and analyzes financial transactions and projects and/or reviews monthly results and budget variances.
- Assists divisional teams through forecast process, annual budgeting cycle, and strategic planning.
- Accurately tracks and validates capex approval and spend.
- Drives ROI analysis process for new capex proposals
- Preparation of Board Meeting deliverables and presentations
- Assists in driving continuous improvement in the forecasting and budget cycle processes.
- Assists in direct cash modeling and projections.
- All other ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Feb 22, 2024 06:45 PM