Ground Engagement Tools (GET) & Undercarriage Specialist
The Ground Engagement Tool (GET) and Undercarriage Specialist will establish and maintain customer relationships, assist in maintenance management and sale of parts and services (other than machines) to meet customer needs. Works independently and supports sales and delivery activities as needed.
The GET and Undercarriage Specialist will have responsibility for assisting the company’s Parts & Service Sales Reps (PSSR) and Inside Sales Reps (ISR) with inspection of buckets, blades, cutting edges and bits, wear surfaces and tips, as well as inspection of equipment undercarriage components for wear and service needs. Will research availability of new products, becoming the source of technical information for the team.
Will have responsibility for developing and presenting sales quotes for service and parts for bucket repairs for Caterpillar equipment and for conversion of non-Caterpillar products, and quotes for undercarriage parts and service and conversion for non-Caterpillar undercarriage equipment.
- Education level as required to perform the position.
- A minimum of 1-2 years prior experience preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively with Customers, Co-workers, Vendors or Managers related to job functions.
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing customer service excellence and representing Thompson Machinery in a professional manner.
- Develop functional ability in the use of proprietary (i.e. Caterpillar, etc.) software and tech tools.
- Able to communicate via electronic systems effectively and efficiently (MS Office 365, Lotus Notes, etc.).
- Maintain valid driver’s license from the State of personal residence and comply with corporate driving policy.
- Document customer contacts and Territory Management Strategy.
- Maintain adequate product knowledge of equipment and allied products.
- Research equipment, parts or allied products to meet specialized customer requirements.
- Responds to Customer inquiries regarding equipment and allied products.
- Support Sales staff demonstration and Sales agreements.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance, meeting Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Support the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accept responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintain “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- All locations offer clean, safe working conditions; however, the position may work in situations where hazards may be present. A detailed knowledge of equipment and engines is a must as well as a demonstrated proficiency in service and repair of equipment using standard safety procedures.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorites/Women/Veterans/Disabled.Apply Now
Listing is current as of Apr 11, 2021 11:30 PM