Inside Sales Representative (ISR)
The ISR is a professional sales and marketing development position; designed to develop future sales leaders of Thompson Machinery with a broad understanding of all the roles and responsibilities in the organization. In addition, the position invites members to leverage not only their knowledge of and experience in the work to be done, but also relationships developed with peers, senior and executive management across the company.
ISR’s are results-oriented, self-directed individuals with strong organizational and analytical skills, excellent communication and presentation skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Candidates must also possess a high degree of professionalism, adaptability and integrity. High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word is a must. Travel for rotation related work assignments or training is required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- College graduate or technical preferred. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Academic excellence with marketing, sales and quantitative interests/competence.
- Exhibits sales skills necessary to sell premium products.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and initiative.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
- Flexible, adaptable, geographically mobile.
The ISR is a two-year minimum entry-level position, which encompasses a Sales Leadership Program (SLP) designed to educate and develop future leaders at Thompson Machinery. The goal of the ISR is to re-establish, qualify, and maintain contact with small- to medium-sized customers to increase sales of parts and service solutions and to sell equipment to retail customers at their branch. The Sales Leadership Program is an intensive program focusing on inside sales and marketing, while concurrently undertaking rotational assignments. These assignments may include marketing analysis, lead generation/prospecting, sales operations, forecasting, commercial finance, e-commerce, advertising and promotion, graphic design, data analysis, and fleet condition monitoring.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Apr 13, 2021 12:30 AM