Inside Sales Representative (ISR) – International Sales
The ISR is a professional sales and marketing development position; designed to develop future sales leaders of Thompson Machinery with a broad understanding of all the roles and responsibilities in the organization. In addition, the position invites members to leverage not only their knowledge of and experience in the work to be done, but also relationships developed with peers, senior and executive management across the company. This ISR will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Used Equipment and International Used Sales staff through coordination and processing of equipment sales transactions, warranty enrollment, and customer billing processes. Assist with Territory Sales data requirements to maintain customer contacts, pricing, inventory availability and service requests.
ISR’s are results-oriented, self-directed individuals with strong organizational and analytical skills, excellent communication and presentation skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Candidates must also possess a high degree of professionalism, adaptability and integrity. High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word is a must. Travel for rotation related work assignments or training is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Agriculture or related major.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Geographic mobility and willingness to relocate.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. Thompson will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future for this job.
- Academic excellence with marketing, sales and quantitative interests/competence.
- Exhibits sales skills necessary to sell premium products.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and initiative.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
- Flexible, adaptable, geographically mobile.
The goal of the ISR is to establish, qualify, and maintain contact with small-to medium sized customers to increase new and used equipment sales to retail customers. Tasks may include marketing analysis, lead generation/prospecting, sales operations, forecasting, commercial finance, e-commerce, advertising and promotion, data analysis, and fleet condition monitoring.
- Coordinate machine logistics for freight and transportation of equipment, including creating sales agreements and shipping documents, solicit Requests for Quote (RFQ).
- Communicate with freight companies for machine pickup, delivery and specifications, and coordinate invoicing.
- Coordinate equipment service work with various company service shops, submitting work orders, defining scope of work and costs, organize quote reviews and obtain approvals.
- Communicate service release and delivery information and manage “ready-to-market” timeline, assisting in expediting “sold” units.
- Gather Sales materials and process sales transactions, interacting with Accounting Department for customer invoicing.
- Assist in preparation and distribution of business documents, reports and sales and marketing documentation for analysis.
- Gather Marketing materials including machine photos and videos, upload machine data to online sales sites and advertising outlets.
- Develop machine descriptions and review inventory marketing data, compiling marketing materials as needed, including fliers, presentation booklet (rebuilds), email campaigns, etc.
- Maintain close and effective communication with Marketing Department.
- Scout acquisition opportunities through various channels, perform auction analytics, and effectively use the Dealer’s business system and other sources to extract customer and equipment information.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer.
Listing is current as of Apr 08, 2020 09:30 AM