Material Processing- Product Specialist
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
This position exists to provide assistance to customers and internal TMCC personnel by supporting the Material Processing Sales and Product Support business in the areas of product expertise, internal / external technical support, parts / service / warranty support and customer training of use and maintenance of crushing, screening, grinding, chipping, shredding and conveying products. The Material Processing Support Specialist will work through the Specialty Product Manager to promote Material Processing products and support customer relationships to ensure participation in Material Processing product sales opportunities and to support current field population with parts, service and technical support.
- High School diploma (or equivalent) required.
- College graduate (business, sales, construction or ag related fields) or Technical School Graduate preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years or relevant experience needed to be successful.
- Understands and remembers all written and verbal instructions. Carries out instructions accurately.
- Deals with adversity in a professional manner. Works effectively with co-workers, sharing credit when appropriate.
- Works independent of supervision on assigned tasks. Moves between projects as scheduling requires.
- Needs to be willing to work at any assigned location, including overtime, evenings or weekends (including overnight travel) if needed. Displays flexibility, handles changes to assigned tasks with ease.
- Completes reports, documentation, and other paperwork accurately and on time. Performs tasks with highest level of quality. Proficient in Microsoft Office (word, excel, etc)
- Understand basic electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Knowledge of the proper use for tools like electrical meters, hydraulic gauges, and lifting equipment
- Able to communicate well with customers and technical support from the OEM factories
- Able to measure accurately with calipers, feeler gauges, and tape measures
- Has knowledge of safety procedures for working with heavy equipment/objects
- Basic welding/fabrication experience preferred but not required
- Assist sales staff and Specialty Products Manager with competitive demonstrations, start up on new deliveries and rentals
- Interact with assigned customers in the areas of safety training, operator training and technical assistance
- Complete delivery service records with customers
- Working through the Specialty Products Manager, provide sales staff with product updates, new product introductions and demonstration tips
- Provide technical staff/technical services with product updates and introductions
- Inspect and coordinate maintenance on Material Processing Rental Fleet
- Promote wear parts sales with customers in conjunction with PSSR’s
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, local and safety regulations specific to job function(s).
- Load and secure parts, equipment and/or accessories for delivery.
- Promote Thompson Machinery to customers and community.
- Provide task coverage during co-worker’s vacation, training or sick leave, as requested.
- Maintain adequate product knowledge of equipment.
- Research equipment and parts to meet specialized customer requirements.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding equipment.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot customer and company equipment for repairs.
- Notify customer of status, availability or urgent concern promptly (personally or by supervisor).
- Diagnose and sometimes repair mobile rock crushing or screening equipment and conveyors
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment, changing outerwear parts in crushers, checking/replacing bearings on conveyors, recording of damage or misuse of equipment with assistance of TMCC service department
- Change/Repair conveyor belts and fix/weld up old steel hoppers with assistance of TMCC service department
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, training, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- This position primarily works out of the company truck or TMCC branch. Will be heading into construction sites, quarries, sand and gravel pits, with dust, dirt, and loud noise on a daily basis.
- Maintains neat and professional personal appearance, adhering to company dress code.
- Needs to be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Needs to be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Needs to be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.Apply Now
Listing is current as of Dec 04, 2023 12:45 AM