Operations Support Analyst/Trainer
The Service Operations Analyst/Trainer supports the Company’s Product Support organization through the administration and use of various business data management systems, specifically the Dealer Business System (DBS) used for processing labor work orders, parts ordering and inventory, and other service, rental and equipment management records. The position will work closely with department supervisors, managers and branch managers to understand specific business needs and for assisting them with the use and reporting of data from the company’s systems.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Able to easily and effectively comprehend written material and communicate orally and in writing with employees and customers.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and relevant Dealer software programs.
- General earthmoving and generator equipment knowledge.
- Experience in relevant service management preferred but not required.
- Adhere to all Company processes and policies while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ensure Thompson Machinery values are always evident within the Company and to customers.
- Conducts all assigned work in a safe manner, adhering to all applicable safety, environmental and contamination control policies, procedures and regulations
- Develop and maintain a cohesive team effort between all departments to achieve objectives of profitable growth, customer satisfaction, and a continuous improvement of service operations
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Runs daily audit reports such as parts/labor transfers to ensure proper pricing, Prime audit files, Standard Job usage, proper Job and Component usage
- Review Standard Job Hours report, adjust work orders as needed
- Review daily closed work orders for issues that may cause issues such as accounting or taxes
- Update customer monthly work orders to validate charges to contract reserve account
- Reconcile Purchase Orders, back ordered parts, internal monthly work orders
- Weekly labor recap/balancing
- Provide training in programs/software such as ServiceLink and its modules, DBS and other systems utilized
- Provide assistance to personnel within Service and Parts departments as needed to resolve issues preventing them from performing tasks/procedures within systems utilized
Essential Job Competencies
- Safety: fully supports, encourages, and follows safe work behavior, and considers safety of paramount importance in the workplace.
- Managing Change: Demonstrates support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness. Helps individuals and groups manage the anxiety associated with significant change. Establishes processes to manage the orderly implementation of change.
- Facilitating / Presenting: Enables cooperative and productive group interactions. Clarifies the agenda by identifying the key issues, objectives, and stakeholder expectations. Guides the discussion of complex or divisive issues to help members develop insights and remain engaged with the task. Tailors presentation style to the audience with interaction and feedback to hold their attention.
- Professional Astuteness: Understands how their roles, products, and services relate to and impact those of other work units. Properly identifies decision makers and the individuals who can influence them. Builds relationships with key players to gain support and get things done within ethical parameters. Uses knowledge of the organizational climate to solve problems and accomplish goals.
- Information Gathering: Checks all appropriate sources in identifying the information needed for analysis and decision making. Uses skillful methods in obtaining high quality relevant information. Checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness. Compares observations or finished work to what is expected to find inconsistencies. Clearly documents sources and organizes the information according to the research needs.
- Analytical: Uses a logical, systematic, sequential approach breaking down complex tasks into its component parts and considering each part in detail. Compares alternatives, evaluating the costs, benefits, risks, and chances for success, in making decisions. Identifies patterns and trends to determine root cause. Generates a range of creative solutions, choosing the most appropriate option.
- Customer Oriented: Demonstrates concern for satisfying external and/or internal customers. Responsive, quickly, and effectively addresses customer concerns or problems. Assures customers he/she is willing to work with them to meet their needs. Presents a cheerful, positive manner with customers.
- Credibility: Demonstrated concern to be responsible, reliable, and trustworthy. Maintains commitments. Respects the confidentiality of information or concerns shared by others. Is honest and forthright with people. Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work. Punctual, follows instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Feb 22, 2024 04:45 PM