Parts Counter Person
Resolves customer parts problems at parts counter or by phone. Identifies part numbers, availability & recommends necessary items. Inspects worn, damaged or defective part(s) to determine replacement required. Completes parts order form or data entry.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required and three or more years of relevant experience desired.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, vendors and managers.
- Must be accountable for cash receipts, electronic payments and bank deposits for assigned operational units.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of web-browsers.
- Must develop functional ability in the use of proprietary (i.e. Caterpillar, etc.) software.
- Must be able to communicate via email effectively and efficiently (MS Office 365, Lotus Notes, etc.).
- Displays flexibility, handles changes to assigned tasks with ease.
- Must have patience to perform routine tasks daily, accurately and consistently.
The Parts Counter Person is responsible to provide prompt, courteous contact with customers and/or guests (walk-in, phone, email, etc.) and direct as appropriate. Process parts counter sale and/or returns. Answer telephone or direct calls to correct individuals or department(s). Process repair shop parts orders and/or returns. Research equipment, parts or allied products to meet specialized customer requirements.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- All locations offer clean, safe working conditions; however, the position may work in situations where hazards may be present.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 50-80 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Jun 16, 2021 07:45 AM