Receptionist / Parts Administrative Support
The Receptionist / Parts Administrative Support position will provide administrative support to dealership Parts Department team, as well as to other company employees and customers. Performs data entry for daily cash and check receipts, directs communications (telephones, email, etc.) and supports all areas of business operations as needed. Interacts with internal and external customers, employees, vendors, and other resources to support efficient business operations. Serves as a “Company Ambassador” for Thompson Machinery.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required and three or more years of relevant experience desired.
- Able to use standard office equipment: computers, calculators, printers, copiers, and fax.
- Proficient in the use of basic Microsoft applications, web-browsers, and able to develop functional ability in the use of proprietary software.
- Communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, vendors, and managers.
- Demonstrate ability to function efficiently in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and self-initiative, and the personal drive to succeed.
- Strong work ethic and dependable, maintaining a good attendance record.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Greet customers and guests, ensuring each is connected with proper company personnel. Serving as the face of the company for all visitors, is responsible for providing an outstanding customer experience.
- Coordinate internal documentation with various departments.
- Organize the display and maintain inventory levels for Company merchandise items and novelties, including order placement and billing.
- Serve as communication center for all incoming calls and contacts and provide emergency communication and paging when needed.
- Know and follow Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all times, meeting Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, training, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Sep 22, 2021 01:45 AM