Parts & Service Inside Sales Representative
The Parts & Service Inside Sales Representative (PSISR) us responsible for establishing and maintaining customer relationships, assisting in maintenance management, and selling parts and services for machines and equipment to meet customer needs. This is a professional equipment parts and service sales position based in either LaVergne (Nashville) and will report to the Parts and Service Sales Manager.
PSISR’s will leverage their knowledge and experience in the parts and service areas, and their working relationship with peers in the Parts, Service, and Sales departments and with other company resources and management.
- High school diploma or GED required, and college education or technical education is a plus.
- 1-2 Years prior experience in parts or service areas preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, vendors, or management related to the PSISR job functions.
- Exhibit sales skills needed to sell industry-leading, premium parts and services.
- Demonstrated strength in providing excellent customer service and in representing Thompson Machinery in a professional manner.
- Develop functional ability in the use of proprietary software (i.e.: Caterpillar, etc.)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, and electronic (email, MS Office 365, etc.).
- Maintain valid driver’s license from the State of personal residence and comply with corporate driving and safety policies.
The goal of the PSISR is to establish, qualify, and maintain contact with smaller-sized customers to increase sales of parts and service solutions within their assigned region. The position works independently within company facilities as a team member and partner with the Outside Parts and Service Sales Representatives, and will also support sales and delivery of parts, services or equipment when needed.
- Document customer contacts and efficiently manage daily schedule and sales activities.
- Maintain adequate product knowledge of equipment and products.
- Research equipment and products, parts, and services to meet specialized customer requirements.
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding equipment and products.
- Support Sales staff demonstration and Sales agreements.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- All locations offer clean, safe working conditions; however, the position may work in situations where hazards may be present. Therefore, a detailed knowledge of equipment and engines is a must as well as a demonstrated proficiency in service and repair of equipment using standard safety procedures.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Dec 07, 2021 08:45 PM