Parts & Service Sales Representative (PSSR)
EPG (Electric Power Generation)
Establishes and maintains customer relationships, assists in maintenance management and selling parts and services (other than machines) that meet customer needs. Works independently and supports sales and delivery when needed along with other departments throughout the organization.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years dealership experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Customers, Co-workers, Vendors or Managers related to job functions.
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing excellence in customer service and representing Thompson Machinery in a professional manner.
- Must develop functional ability in the use of proprietary (i.e. Caterpillar, etc.) software.
- Must be able to communicate via email effectively and efficiently (MS Office 365, CRM, Service Link etc.).
- Maintain valid driver’s license from the State of personal residence and comply with corporate driving policy.
- Inspect Customer equipment and provide customer with proper documentation of undercarriage reports/measurements.
- Document Customer contacts and Territory Management Strategy.
- Maintain adequate product knowledge of equipment and Allied products.
- Research equipment, parts or Allied products to meet specialized customer requirements.
- Responds to Customer inquiries regarding equipment and Allied products in a timely manner.
- Support Sales staff demonstration and Sales agreements.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- All locations offer clean, safe working conditions; however, the position may work in situations where hazards may be present. Therefore, a detailed knowledge of equipment and engines is a must as well as a demonstrated proficiency in service and repair of equipment using standard safety procedures.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Jun 02, 2023 05:45 PM