Supervisor – Parts
The Supervisor-Parts position is responsible for managing all functions for the Parts Counter, Parts Call Center, Warehouse, and affiliated staff. Responsible for overseeing and coordinating daily warehouse activities such as receiving and storing parts, managing inventory levels, ensuring the efficient delivery of parts to other locations, supervising staff and securing the warehouse. Has direct contact with customers and communicated with carious representative of internal departments, managerial staff, and CAT order center.
- High school diploma required, college and/or business management preferred.
- Previous experience as a supervisor or a similar management position.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and on-call hours as required.
- Demonstrated professionalism, integrity, adaptability and a strong customer service focus.
- Sense of urgency and self-initiative, and the personal drive for success.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Provide prompt, courteous contact with customers and/or guests (walk-in, phone, email, etc.) and direct as appropriate.
- Process parts counter sales and/or returns.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for assigned operational unit.
- Assigns work within company warehouse.
- Managing, evaluating, and reporting on warehouse productivity.
- Promote Thompson Machinery, CAT and Allied product lines to customers and community.
- Coordinate inventory returns for assigned operational unit.
- Establish and Implement parts backorder process.
- Investigate & document events of work related Injury and/or property damages.
- Maintain effective work, vacation and training scheduled for assigned staff.
- Submit accurate time records related to work performed and/or hours worked.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Oct 21, 2021 04:45 PM