Power Rental Manager
Thompson Energy Solutions, a division of Thompson Machinery, is searching for a motivated leader to become the Power Rental Manager for Cat gensets, compressed air, and HVAC / temperature control systems. The management position will lead a team in various roles, from rental sales and field service to maintenance and drivers. Geographical responsibility includes Middle and West Tennessee, and North Mississippi. The position will be located in either Nashville or Memphis, TN. Additional financial responsibility will include profit and loss (P&L) statement, as well as productivity drivers for rental fleet time utilization, financial utilization, financial yield, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred or extensive work experience
- Minimum 5 years of successful business management experience with profit and loss responsibility at a branch or other individual profit center
- An understanding of business accounting principles and budget preparation
- Strong sales and customer service experience required, outside sales experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of gensets, compressed air, and HVAC / temperature control systems
- Effective leadership, motivational, organizational and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and experience in the equipment rental industry preferred
- Manage overall branch operations in Nashville and Memphis to ensure safety, productivity, customer service and profitability
- Prepare reports, including profit and loss statements, monthly operating reviews, yearly budgets, and other reports detailing operational status
- Drive profitable market share growth for Cat gensets, compressed air, and HVAC / temperature control systems
- Oversee all safety matters, including audits, safety training, OSHA compliance, and DOT regulations
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all times, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Apr 01, 2023 04:45 PM