Power Rental Service Technician
The Power Rental Service Technician position maintains, services, repairs, and prepares equipment for rental within the Power Rental team, including mobile electrical generation and distribution, compressed air, temperature control, pumps, and lighting equipment.
This is a skilled service technician position who works largely independently at a variety of company and customer locations, including industrial, commercial, hospital, and residential sites. The Power Rental Service Technician reports to the Service Operations Manager, and serves customers typically located throughout the Middle and West Tennessee and Northern Mississippi territory.
- Able to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends and on-call hours as required, and must be able to work independently in remote locations.
- Must demonstrate professionalism, integrity, adaptability, and a strong customer service focus.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and self-initiative, and the personal drive to be successful.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Possess and maintain a current, valid state driver’s license with a current DOT medical card as required for towing.
- Must possess basic set of industrial tools, including industrial hand tools, air tools, torque wrenches, and multimeters.
- Able to travel in an assigned region, and able to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays, sometimes with short notice. Overnight travel may occasionally be required.
As a primary customer service contact, will support the Rental Sales team by responding to customer needs in a positive, safe, and timely manner, ensuring maximum value for work performed. Maintains equipment in a “ready-to-rent,” clean and available status, and will be responsible for the preparation and organization of inventory within storage yards. Delivers company equipment to customer locations as needed.
The Power Rental Service Technician will operate equipment to determine service or repair work needed and will monitor and maintain proper fluid levels and performance specifications. Will research and order parts for equipment service and will perform minor repairs needed to maintain equipment. Must also be able to read and interpret technical instructions, safety manuals, service manuals, company policies and operating procedures. Will be helpful to have a working understanding of circuit theory or an ability to understand electrical schematics or wiring diagrams and must be proficient in the use of test equipment.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of Dec 01, 2022 07:45 PM