Project Manager – Commercial Engine
Thompson Power, the exclusive Cat dealer in Middle and West Tennessee, and North Mississippi, is seeking a Project Manager to join their Power Systems team in Memphis, TN.
- Technical knowledge of diesel engine, electrical power generation, and power distribution, including engine generator sets, system integration design, assembly, installation, commissioning, operation, repair, paralleling switchgear, transfer switches, fuel systems, exhaust systems, enclosures, and ancillary equipment.
- 5+ years of industry experience preferred; 3+ years of power generation project management preferred
- Degree in Business, Electrical Engineering, or technical degree preferred
- Strong work ethic, can-do attitude, and excellent communications skills
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
The position is responsible for effectively and efficiently managing power systems projects:
- Accurately and efficiently oversee the coordination, procurement, and delivery of products to ensure project success
- Assure cost control of the assigned projects to maximize profit, including timely closeout
- Effectively and efficiently schedule the startup service and testing
- Make site visits and/or meetings as required for customer/contractor installation assistance
Effectively communicate and evaluate technical information to customers, contractors, vendors, and other Thompson colleagues:
- Review project for specification compliance, technical operational viability, and cost justification
- Prepare formal engineering submittals for equipment approval
- Provide closeout documentation (test reports, O&Ms, as-builts, etc.)
Provide technical information for Electric Power Generation (EPG) processes, projects, and sales initiatives that contribute to growth and development of Power Systems:
- Develop positive, all-win working relationships with Power Systems groups
- Communicate delivery schedules, control project costs, coordinate projects and approval process with sales representatives, contractors and specifying engineer
- Supply technical information and data to all stakeholders as necessary
- Assist with new product introductions
- Assist sales reps and credit department by providing project information and support for collecting all past due invoices, and follow up on collection of money retained until successful project completion
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, fully participating in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear as required by the job.
- Respond to all customer requests in a professional and courteous, timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all time, meeting all Company standards for professionalism.
- Keep the Manager continually apprised to assist in answering customer questions and problems when necessary.
- Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: honesty, integrity, and respect while delivering high quality solutions and maintaining a positive attitude and a safe work environment.
- Accepts responsibility for mistakes or problems. Maintains “ownership” of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with customers, management, and dealership co-workers.
- Must be dependable. Consistently arrives at work on time when scheduled, fully ready to work.
- Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
- All other duties as assigned.
- All locations offer clean, safe working conditions; however, the position may work in situations where hazards may be present. Therefore, a detailed knowledge of equipment and engines is a must as well as a demonstrated proficiency in service and repair of equipment using standard safety procedures.
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within work standards and deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and/or with others in a team environment.
- Able to work standard five-day schedule, including daily overtime and occasional weekend hours as needed.
- Meet all eligibility requirements to drive Company vehicles, including a current, valid driver’s license issued by the resident State, and maintain current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- Pass pre-employment background check, physical exam including drug screen, and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- Able to lift up to 20-50 pounds occasionally.
About the Company:
Thompson Machinery is a Caterpillar equipment dealer serving the middle and west Tennessee and northern Mississippi region. Since 1944, Thompson Machinery has been an industry leader, renowned for superior solutions, lasting relationships, and stronger communities. Serving a broad range of customers in the construction, forestry, mining, industrial, governmental, and agricultural industries, as well as trucking, power generation, and marine businesses, Thompson Machinery is a total equipment solution provider.
Thompson Machinery offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with candidate experience and background.
Thompson Machinery is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Listing is current as of May 16, 2022 10:45 PM